Abe's Quiz, Ellen's Answers.
1. What is your full name?
1. Gin Nolan
2. Where and when were you born?
2. 15 years ago, in Castle Nolan.
3. Who are/were your parents? (Know their names, occupations, personalities, etc.)
3. My parents are human nobles, Lord and Lady Nolan.
4. Do you have any siblings? What are/were they like?
4. Esa and an older brother who will inherit. Esa is about seven years older, and Master Nolan is ten years older than I.
5. Where do you live now, and with whom? Describe the place and the person/people.
5. I lived in the religious community/temple of Pelor until recently, where I was installed as a girl by my parents. They hoped that I would work my way up the ladder of the temple, and gain a good political station. But for now I'm dragging my half-brother along to Bluewall! ^^
6. What is your occupation?
6. Cleric and temple assistant. I just work in the temple most of the time, do some missionary work and teaching children.
7. Write a full physical description of yourself. You might want to consider factors such as: height, weight, race, hair and eye color, style of dress, and any tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks.
7. Soft-looking, blue eyes, medium-length dark blonde hair. I'm average height for a woman of my age, and slender. More later.
8. To which social class do you belong?
8. I have a good family name, and am welcome at both the temple and the noble lands. I'm recently become an acolyte, so I haven't had a chance to move up the ranks yet.
9. Do you have any allergies, diseases, or other physical weaknesses?
9. Gin has a pretty strong constitution from wandering the city and spending plenty of time outside - no diseases or anything.
10. Are you right- or left-handed?
10. Right handed
11. What does your voice sound like?
11. Clear soprano
12. What words and/or phrases do you use very frequently?
12. I often remind people and myself that Pelor is watching out for us.
13. What do you have in your pockets?
13. Girls don't get pockets, silly! I'm rarely found without herbs or flowers though, and also usually have a good word on behalf of my temple to lips.
14. Do you have any quirks, strange mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
14. Being cheerful and naive. I love being outside on beautiful days... not sure what else at the moment.
Part 2: Growing Up
15. How would you describe your childhood in general?
15. Other than working fairly hard at the temple, my childhood was pretty carefree. As the child of the noble family, I was better cared for than the other children at the temple. Also, I had two older brothers to look up to.
16. What is your earliest memory?
16. Playing with Master Nolan when he was home from school. I scraped my knee, and then Mother put salve on it to make it stop hurting.
17. How much schooling have you had?
17. I've had a general temple education, so fairly religion-based, with language and stuff. And of course Mother has made sure I get the proper etiquette lessons - sewing, dancing, singing, et cetera. Healing is a feminine enough subject that I got a good covering of that from both my families, the temple and the Nolans.
18. Did you enjoy school?
18. I enjoyed my subjects, especially language and healing. Dancing wasn't too bad either. I had trouble concentrating on sunny days, but my teachers generally found my work good the rest of the time.
19. Where did you learn most of your skills and other abilities?
19. At the temple and from the governess and Mother.
20. While growing up, did you have any role models? If so, describe them.
20. The temple Mother is my role model, being warm-hearted and skilled, but far more patient and wise than I am.
21. While growing up, how did you get along with the other members of your family?
21. I looked up to the rest of my family. I never really knew Esa very well, and Master Nolan found my cheerfulness a bit much sometimes. Mother was very kind to me, and we spent a great deal of time together. I saw Father very little on most days.
22. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
22. A healer and kind woman like Mother.
23. As a child, what were your favorite activities?
23. Spending time in meadows outside of town, and in the castle garden.
24. As a child, what kinds of personality traits did you display?
24. Childish happiness and lack of understanding of dark things
25. As a child, were you popular? Who were your friends, and what were they like?
25. I wasn't unpopular, but being the carefree daughter of the lord put me above the other girls around me.
26. When and with whom was your first kiss?
26. *looks shocked*
27. Are you a virgin? If not, when and with whom did you lose your virginity?
27. *looks offended* Shall I call for my brother? You insult me with such insinuations!
28. If you are a supernatural being (i.e. mage, werewolf, vampire), tell the story of how you became what you are or first learned of your own abilities. If you are just a normal human, describe any influences in your past that led you to do the things you do today.
28. My family led me to be the way I am. Also really great experiences with my temple.
Part 3: Past Influences
29. What do you consider the most important event of your life so far?
29. Officially entering the employ of the temple, having finished schooling there.
30. Who has had the most influence on you?
31. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
31. So far, graduating from the schooling system at temple.
32. What is your greatest regret?
32. See 33.
33. What is the most evil thing you have ever done?
33. When I was very young, I saw a man badly hurt, and I was too scared to get help for him. He died because of my inaction.
34. Do you have a criminal record of any kind?
35. When was the time you were the most frightened?
35. When I witnessed Master Nolan send Esa to his place with the servants. Master Nolan was in a towering rage, and cruel to Esa.
36. What is the most embarrassing thing ever to happen to you?
36. When one of my peers at temple tried to kiss me right before my initiation ceremony.
37. If you could change one thing from your past, what would it be, and why?
37. I would have brought help for the dying man.
38. What is your best memory?
38. Looking beautiful for, and winning the dancing competition when I was ten.
39. What is your worst memory?
39. When I let the hurt man die because I didn't know how to save him.
Part 4: Beliefs And Opinions
40. Are you basically optimistic or pessimistic?
41. What is your greatest fear?
41. Letting people down. Also, that my god might be looking elsewhere in a time of great need.
42. What are your religious views?
42. Pelor keeps us safe and watches over us. He tries his best, and his temple is a wonderful place for people in need.
43. What are your political views?
43. As a woman, I have very little view of politics. I'm not very interested in rising in the temple for simple political reasons, but rather as a duty to my temple. The internal politics at the temple bother me when they get blatant.
44. What are your views on sex?
44. You dare mention such a subject before a well-bred lady?
(Sex is dirty and inappropriate, and is appropriate only for married couples. I don't necessarily buy that it's only for the procreation of children, but I ignore and unconsciously censor any reference to sex outside of wedlock for sure. Presumably I ignore any references to it in general.)
45. Are you able to kill? Under what circumstances do you find killing to be acceptable or unacceptable?
45. I have already killed a man by my inaction. Otherwise... probably not, but I've never been in a situation where I would possibly kill anyone.
46. In your opinion, what is the most evil thing any human being could do?
46. Emotionally hurt someone in a malicious way. Probably also some sort of religious evil sin thing.
47. Do you believe in the existence of soul mates and/or true love?
47. True, mutual love would be a beautiful thing. I don't believe in Princess Bride-esque true love. I also don't really have evidence in my life of very serious, enduring, equal and mutual love.
48. What do you believe makes a successful life?
48. Being a good person. Going to temple regularly.
49. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings (i.e. do you hide your true self from others, and in what way)?
49. I'm probably not actually that honest with myself - I constantly tell myself how happy and great everything is. I tend to be too nice to other people.
50. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
50. Generally not, but people who are cruel and nasty I dislike and try to not associate with.
51. Is there anything you absolutely refuse to do under any circumstances? Why do you refuse to do it?
51. Engage in vulgar activities that would bring shame on my name.
52. Who or what, if anything, would you die for (or otherwise go to extremes for)?
52. If I could heal a large number of people by dying, I might do it.
Part 5: Relationships With Others
53. In general, how do you treat others (politely, rudely, by keeping them at a distance, etc.)? Does your treatment of them change depending on how well you know them, and if so, how?
53. Kindly. People I know well are treated with more personal friendliness.
54. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
55. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
55. The temple Father who has been most influential in my teaching.
56. Who are your friends? Do you have a best friend? Describe these people.
56. I have a best friend, a girl my age who was in my temple classes, and who is from a wealthier merchant's family.
57. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If so, describe this person.
58. Have you ever been in love? If so, describe what happened.
58. Not really. Still kind of young though.
59. What do you look for in a potential lover?
59. A good man, one who understands my devotion to Pelor, and one who won't minimize me into the traditional woman's role. Someone I to whom I can be somewhat equal.
60. How close are you to your family?
60. Quite close, except maybe to Lord Nolan.
61. Have you started your own family? If so, describe them. If not, do you want to? Why or why not?
61. No, but one would be nice when I'm made a wife.
62. Who would you turn to if you were in desperate need of help?
62. If it were too big for my best friend and myself to deal with, Esa, probably, even though I don't know him that well.
63. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
63. Anyone who shows me kindness or friendliness, I trust to some extent.
64. If you died or went missing, who would miss you?
64. My family, and some of my elders and friends at temple.
65. Who is the person you despise the most, and why?
65. I don't despise anyone.
66. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
66. I defend people sometimes, and it can escalate into an argument. I'm pretty nonconfrontational otherwise.
67. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
67. I take non-blatant leadership roles (more like organizational roles?) at the temple, and at home. Otherwise not really a leader.
68. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
68. I'm comfortable in large groups, but I don't specifically like interacting with them.
69. Do you care what others think of you?
Part 6: Likes And Dislikes
70. What is/are your favorite hobbies and pastimes?
70. Wandering around, herb/floral lore, enjoying nice weather, holding tete-a-tete's with my best friend. Learning, and talking to elders at the temple are also good.
71. What is your most treasured possession?
71. A favorite dress that has sentimental value
72. What is your favorite color?
72. Blue or gold
73. What is your favorite food?
73. Spring food, with herbs
74. What, if anything, do you like to read?
74. Herblore, mythology, and language subjects. Generally I read to study, rather than for fun.
75. What is your idea of good entertainment (consider music, movies, art, etc.)?
75. A banquet with friends and the higher-class townspeople, with good music and some dancing afterwards. Good minstrels with good ballads are always enjoyable.
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
76. Wine being the preferred drink at table, I consume alcohol, but not in unseemly quantities.
77. How do you spend a typical Saturday night?
77. I prefer to spend Saturday night preparing for the Sunday ceremony for Pelor. I cleanse my mind and relax physically and spiritually. If a banquet is hosted that night, however, I will forgo the meditation in favor of more social pursuits.
78. What makes you laugh?
78. Friends, things I enjoy, the sunshine and breeze.
79. What, if anything, shocks or offends you?
79. Vulgar or particularly unseemly behavior.
80. What would you do if you had insomnia and had to find something to do to amuse yourself?
80. Reading, or making things (sewing etc.)
81. How do you deal with stress?
81. By shutting myself away from the world, or if the weather is nice, by ignoring pretty much everything else.
82. Are you spontaneous, or do you always need to have a plan?
82. I'm not a risk-taker, and plans are good, but I come with a dose of spontaneity.
83. What are your pet peeves?
83. People who are rude or intolerant. Drunk people.
Part 7: Self Images And Etc.
84. Describe the routine of a normal day for you. How do you feel when this routine is disrupted?
84. Most days at the temple go like this: wake, clean mind and body and pray, breakfast, practice lute and singing, study or teach, lunch, do missionary or social work, pray, dinner, perform temple duties, take some personal time, sleep. Disruption of my schedule is a minor annoyance, but nothing worth worrying about. The schedule is comforting.
85. What is your greatest strength as a person?
85. My kindness and continuing optimisticness.
86. What is your greatest weakness?
86. Fear of angry, nasty, intolerant people, and perhaps being too trusting.
87. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
87. Perhaps be a little more honest with myself.
88. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
88. I go either way.
89. Are you generally organized or messy?
89. Organized, with a splash of homey messiness.
90. Name three things you consider yourself to be very good at, and three things you consider yourself to be very bad at.
90. Healing, kindness, dedication. Being mean, accepting/understanding darker parts of life, and I'm bad about unconsciously censoring things from my perception that I disapprove of.
91. Do you like yourself?
91. I like myself, but if I were honest with myself about it, I don't know if I could say I was happy with myself.
92. What are your reasons for being an adventurer (or doing the strange and heroic things that RPG characters do)? Are your real reasons for doing this different than the ones you tell people in public? (If so, detail both sets of reasons...)
92. There are unhappy people who need to be welcomed into the light of Pelor, and if not that, then they need help. I'm going to go looking for these people!
93. What goal do you most want to accomplish in your lifetime?
93. Some great task of helping people or healing. I'm not sure.
94. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
94. Helping people, perhaps in a more independent way than I'm doing now... I rely a lot on the temple at the moment.
95. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
95. I would die after seeing my children at least partially grown up, and I'd go in some quiet way.
96. If you knew you were going to die in 24 hours, name three things you would do in the time you had left.
96. Try to beat the 24 hours by giving my life for someone else. If I didn't feel it would be detrimental to my name, I would get kissed.
97. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
97. My kindness, and how many people I healed.
98. What three words best describe your personality?
98. Happy, self-deceived, trusting
99. What three words would others probably use to describe you?
99. Naive, carefree, optimistic.
100. If you could, what advice would you, the player, give to your character? (You might even want to speak as if he or she were sitting right here in front of you, and use proper tone so he or she might heed your advice...)
100. Be a little more worldly, don't trust people as much... the world is a harsher place than you give it credit for, and to see that you need some self-honesty.